7 eggs down.. 23 eggs to go lol.. I had wanted to bake layer cake this morning cos honestly.. thats the only way for me to get rid of all my eggs in one go.. but i realised later that i hv to use a few eggs to make steamed fruit cakes for someone in Europe soooo.. the quest to finish up my eggs will starts today hehhe.. First cake.. Condensed milk pound cake.. i first saw it in baking fiends unite! and fell in love with the cake.. knew its gonna be delish and I was right.. after i took it out of my oven and ate a slice.. the taste of this cake was just superb..
Dont u just love a cake that turns out the way u want it to be? this cake turned out perfect.. just like the sicilian orange cake.. nothing can go wrong if u follow this super easy recipe to the T.. the sweetness is just right.. the texture is fine and moist.. i love it.. i love it.. i love it!!
240g good quality butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (304g) condensed milk
3 tsp vanilla paste
240g cake flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder - I used double acting
4 large eggs
- Sift cake flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Add in salt and vanilla paste and cream well.
- Pour in condensed milk and cream till well combined.
- Using the mixer on low speed, add in flour in 3 additions. Mix till batter is smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Make sure it's well mixed and smooth.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 1 hour - I baked mine at 170C for 45 mins
I know .. I know.. coffee and cakes.. not healthy at all but hey what can i say.. i need both to get me going hehehe