Sonia has flu... I hv terrible headache.. why am i still awake? i dont know.. :o(
Hb is urgently needed in HCM tmrw morning.. so hes taking the first flight out and will be home in 2 days time.. sigh... i better be fit for the sake of Sonia..
- 200g margarine - add 1 tbsp butter ( I used 200g unsalted butter)
- 200g palm sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites - whisk till stiff peak
- 200g flour
- 2 tbsp full cream milk powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (I added)
- 100g dark cooking chocolate - chopped (I used valrhona, 64%)
- 3 medium-size banana (600g) - mashed (i used 1 cup)
- 1/4 tbsp double acting baking powder (i used 1/2 tbsp)
- 3 or 4 drops of banana essence ( i used 2 drops)
- raisins, almonds, cherries or cheese for topping (I used sultanas and chocolate chips)
Preheat oven 175C.. grease pan
Beat margarine and sugar till light and pale in colour
Add in egg yolk one at a time and continue to beat till well incorporated.
Fold in sifted flour, milk powder and double acting powder
Gently fold in stiff egg white and continue to mix till well combined
Add mashed banana and chopped chocolate - stir well
Lastly add banana essence..
Pour batter into baking pan and sprinkle with currants or cherries or almonds or just cheese according to taste
Bake for 35 minutes or till done.
(I used a 8x8 pan and baked it for an hr)
Anyway, I hv baked this cake bef and am still loving it.. bake it and i am pretty sure u will love it too :o)