Hey peeps.. I am a little confused here as to whats going on with blogger.. It says that unusual traffic is coming from my IP address to that specific domain (my website)... weird but it's been like that since yesterday morning.. I hv no problems updating my blog.. i can publish it but i cant even view it.. i can read my comments but i cant even reply to them.. arghhhh .. so so sorry guys.. u know i will usually try to reply to all :o(
Anyway hb will try to rectify the probs and if all else fails.. i might finally hv a reason to switch to wordpress.. so ok.. heres what i baked for the family and also for hb to munch in his office during his coffee breaks with his working colleagues.. hb had wanted me to bake him something with espresso coffee and he found a recipe online but i wasnt in the mood to bake it simply cos it says that it has a brownie texture to it and today i felt like munching on cookies.. so with him wanting coffee flavor and me wanting cookies texture.. i decided to try out this recipe and added coffee oil to it.. this is what u call... compromising hehe
50g butter - I used 250g unsalted butter
75g caster sugar
90g brown sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp coffee oil
120g of chocolate chips
100g of cashews, toasted, chopped - i used hazelnut
15g cocoa powder - i used cocao barry
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp salt - i added
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C.
- Grease a pan with margarine.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs one by one, beat till combined. Add vanilla essence and coffee oil.. beat well.
- Add sifted flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder mixture and stir well.
- Add chocolate chips and cashew nuts. Mix well.
- Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
Adapted from: Ningnong