Been meaning to update my blog bef our trip to KL.. hb has to go there for some meetings next week and we decided to spend the weekend there as well.. anyway i baked something for my concorde hotel kaki's .. not this chiffon cake tho but baked them chocolate chip cookies this time round...
So ok... i decided to bake chocolate chiffon cake yesterday simply cos Hairi loves to munch on chiffon cake... i knew i would not be able to see him this weekend since hes only gonna come home this afternoon and we would be long gone by then.. didnt wanna bake him the typical pandan flavor plus i was thinking of Lyn's son, Danish when i decided on chocolate flavor.. (took some to moms yesterday since Danish was there).. No doubt.. the taste, texture and surprisingly the moisture of this cake is something that i never thought it would be... I loveeeee it!! will definitely be baking this again and again..
7 egg white
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
7 egg yolk
150g flour (i used cake flour)
50g cocoa powder (i used valrhona)
150g caster sugar
125 ml evaporated milk
100 ml corn oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven 160C
- Whisk egg white and cream of tartar till foamy.. add sugar in 3 parts till stiff peak.
- In another bowl, mix sifted flour, coco powder, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the middle and add egg yolk, evaporated milk and corn oil. Stir till well combined
- Add in 1/4 of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.. mix thoroughly.. add another half of egg white mixture and fold in gently. Pour in egg yolk mixture into the rest of egg white mixture and continue to fold in.. do not overmix..
- Pour batter into ungreased chiffon pan (24cm)
- Bake for 50mins
- Once done.. change the temp setting to 175C and continue to bake for another 10mins
Well ok i better get my butt going.. we will be leaving in half an hour time.. see u guys is KL.. cheers!
Source: Yasa Boga cake and pastry book