This might be a shocker especially to my FIL but yayyyy today is our 8th year wedding anniversary.. Alhamdullilah.. we are still very much in love ahem ahem and we are happy with one-another.. one thing's for sure.. we are who we are.. we cant change our partners' behavior .. we learn how to accept..
Sometimes i wish we were leading a "drama-less" life but i wouldnt want to change anything.. .... we talk.. we argue.. we laugh and we cry.. we 'debate' most of the time simply bec we hv our own set of mind.. which come to think of it.. thats where Sonia got her "very opinionated" character..
To my dearest hubs.. Happy 8th wedding anniversary.. thank you for everything.. for being there whenever Hairi needs someone to talk to.. for being there when i needed a shoulder to cry on.. for being a wonderful dad to my kids.. may there be more wonderful years to come.. lap u many many ok!
So enough of the boring speech.. heres the cake that i managed to bake especially for him.. a cake that consists of chocolate honeycomb, caramel and also cream cheese.. sounds good?? hehe.. hubs loved it very much.. for the caramel topping.. i decided to use Donna Hay's caramel sauce recipe simply bec i had been looking at it since i bought her new magazine.. hubs said the caramel sauce.. the crushed chocolate honeycombs added more texture and taste to this cheesecake.
FOR THE CRUST
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling:
500g Cream Cheese - Softened
1/4 cup sugar
200g Condense milk
2 1/2 large eggs
50g dairy whipping cream
1 tbsp Cake flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 cup Dulce De Leche
Enough chocolate honeycomb - cut into small cube.. abt 1 inch
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little overhang and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Do not turn your oven off.
For Cream cheese filling
- In ur food processor. whisk cream cheese and sugar till creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time making sure it's well combined before the next addition. Add in condense milk.
- Add in whipping cream, cake flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour half of ur cream cheese fillings on ur crust. Drop dollops of "Dulce De Leche" on top of ur cream cheese mixture, sprinkle with some chunks of cut honeycomb.. Pour another portion of ur cream cheese filling and drop dollops of "Dulce de Leche" and chunk honeycomb again.
- Bake at 160C for about 60 mins. or till set.
- Leave to cool before slicing.
65g brown sugar
85g golden syrup
125ml pouring cream - single cream
30ml rum - didnt add
Place the butter, sugar, golden syrup, cream and rum in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar us dissolve. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 to 12 mins or until thickened.. allow sauce to cool bef pouring over the cake to serve.
Ok these were the cuppies ordered by Andik.. ty and am glad to hear that ur 17 yrs old baby girl loves it.. Happy bday Afiqah!.. to Wati.. ty for the macs order.. sorry we didnt really get to properly say hi..
Hv a wonderful monday peeps.. am looking forward to this weekend where we will be flying to Bali - woot woot!!