There are lots of stuff which i hv been missing.. the past few weeks hv been haywire.. i didnt get to update my blog daily .. didnt get to blogwalk as much as i wanted to... the travelling... the orders... hv kept me busy.. dont get me wrong.. i feel blessed but there is one thing that is missing... to be able to try out new recipes and having "me" time right after i bake something new... i miss it and bef it got out of hand just like before (i stopped taking orders a decade ago simply bec i got sick of doing the same thing over and over again) i decided to take a breather for a couple of weeks.. to get myself on track again.. dont want to get sick of baking and blogging abt the same thing ..
Honestly... you know what keeps me going eventho at times i feel guilty not updating my blog?? those that visit my blog religiously.. those that email and sms me and ask me how i'm doing when they dont see me updating my blog... All that keeps me doing what i like most.. baking.. taking photos... posting and updating my blog.. so today right after i was done doing my daily mundane routine.. i decided to try out this simple recipe.. a recipe which i had bookmarked many moons ago.. it was done within two hrs and bef i knew it.. i was sitting down with my lappy.. my cuppa and two slices of lemon cake.. updating my blog.. just like old times... ahhhh heaven...
We got home fm KL last Saturday.. the usual 2 1/2hrs drive back turned into a 6hrs drive simply bec the traffic was bad.. we planned to go to Malacca for a day on our way back to check out a new hotel there but decided not to do so after the bad traffic leading to Malacca.. got home to a messy kitchen and had no choice but to start scrubbing my tiles and kitchen cabinets.. haizz this is what happens when u let ur son take over ur kitchen lol.. Anyway long story short.. yesterday i managed to get things together.. did our groceries... did my laundry and hv yet to start doing what i hate most... ironing lol.. i finally bought my food processor after years of trying my best not to buy one ahakss..
So ok.. lets get on with this cake.. fab recipe is fm Sonia... ty ty ty... this is definately going to be another one like the "Sicilian orange cake" craze in my family.. same texture... same taste except it uses lemon and mohn.. wink wink
2 lemon, finely grate the rind
4 large eggs
280g cake flour
2tsp of double action baking powder
2 lemon, extract juice
2 lemon, finely grate the rind
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Beat butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, then add in lemon rind, mixing well.
4. Fold in the flour and milk, combine well. Last add in poppy seeds, stir well. (i did the flour, milk, flour, milk, flour method)
5. Pour the mixture into cake tin.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 50mins.
7. While baking the cake, start to prepare the lemon glaze.
8. Mix sugar and lemon juice and cook over low heat till sugar dissolved, add in lemon rind, set aside.
9. When cake done, remove cake from the oven and prick all over with a skewer.
10. Pour over the lemon glaze over the hot cake.
11. Ideally to leave cake to set overnight, to get better flavour.
Lemon glaze is a must for this recipe yah as it enhances the taste and flavor of this lemon butter cake! gv it a try ok.. i promise u that u will get hooked to it heheh
Ohhh... Hehehe.. bef i go.. lets feast our eyes on these blue thang.. ty babe! didnt expect it coming nevertheless i just wanna say... i lap u as much as i lap anything that comes in a blue box hahaha