Earlier today Sonia came up to me and called me by my name.. "Rimaaaa".. i went quiet.. 5 minutes later she calls me again by my name "Rimaaaaaa".. 20 mins went by and the next thing i heard.. "Mamaaaaa" .. I went up to her room and asked her "Uhmmm why did u call me Rima and not mama??" and Sonia's answer..
"I dont know".. grrrrrrrrrr
So there u go.. shes almost 3yrs old.. talks like there is no tomorrow.. recognise her alphabets well and can spell out her name when u write down all the letters on a piece of paper without any probs.. she recognised shapes very well and shes in love with all kinda puzzle.. (seriously.. she can really sit still and do her puzzle till everything is done - good cos during that time her mama can do stuff in the kitchen)
If ur wondering where she gets the idea of calling me by my name... beats me.. i think she must hv been hearing ppl calling me Rima and thinks its ok to call me by my name.. eeekkk so not cool my dear.. u will... and forever will.. be calling ur mother.. Mama!
Anyway as always whenever hb is not in town, both Sonia and I will hv a girls day out.. we went to the florist.. also went to Beatty school to visit the teachers there and of cos to see mom at canteen..( oh how i missed being the 'chef' to mom in that school canteen!) did our groceries and went straight home after that since i hv tonnes of stuff to do.. i also managed to bake this swiss roll which i had wanted to bake since mid last year... wonder whats taking me so long to gv this wonderful recipe a try.. I will definately be baking this again soon!
1 tsp emulsifier
25g cocoa powder - i used valrhona
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp milk powder
100g melted butter
Filling and Topping:
Buttercream or Strawberry / Blueberry jam
150g chocolate coating - i used Marmer chocolate couverture
50g White Cooking Chocolate - melted - i used Marmer white chocolate couverture
- Beat eggs + Sugar + Emulsifier until condensed and tread.. off mixer.
- Add sifted Flour + Cocoa Powder + corn flour and milk powder - stir till well blended.
- Add in melted butter and continue to stir until well blended
- Pour into a greased 30x30cm pan - i used my baking pan the size of my silpat mat.
- Bake on a preheated oven of 200C for 10mins and then bake a further of 2mins using upper fire.
- Remove from the oven, turn hot cake onto baking paper, spread buttercream or jam, roll
- Cut into 6 or 8 parts
- Dip cake into melted chocolate coating, place it in the refrigerator for 15 mins till set.
- Once set.. pipe in streaks of white cooking chocolate as a sweetener ..
So ok.. i better sleep early today.. last night or shud i say this morning.. i fell asleep close to 3am watching youtube on how to ice a cake.. welp.. Apakahhhh??!!