So my super duper hb is back.. he got in safely and I hv done the "handover" without any delay muahaha.. we later went to town to get a few new books for Sonia and Marissa (my god daughter).. hb was in high spirits and I dont blame him since he had a successful business trip.. alhamdullilah..
This morning I woke up pretty early.. we had planned to go to Pontian at 8am and I woke up at 5am with a mission.. A mission to bake something for Mak (ex mil).. At first i had wanted to bake something simple but typical Rima.. she always likes to try n bake something new.. I decided on Blueberry Cheese Layer Cake simply cos i hv all the ingredients in my pantry.. I started baking it at half past 6 and by half past 9 we were ready to go to Pontian.. I know I know.. we went out later than we expected.. well what to do.. I didnt know that the batter was going to be lots.. thank goodness hb didnt make noise and off we drove into JB with a warm cake.. got there safely bef lunch.. My parents and sis Wati were already there waiting for us.. As soon as i presented it to mak.. she sliced it eventho the cake was still warmish and to my surprise my cake didnt even look like how it was supposed to look.. eekkkss!!
Look at the colour of my cake.. soo soo pale!! its supposed to be white and dark purple and my purple turned out like grayish purplish... yukey colour indeed.. I was frustrated at first but after eating it I felt better.. this cake is soft and delish and I am gonna bake this cake again soon.. err of cos I plan to add blueberry paste to enhance the colour too.. haizzz we really love the taste and the texture of this cake.. if only mine turned out as pretty as Bro Rozzan blueberry cheese layer cake. Anyway the pic abv was taken at my ex PIL's house.. i dont get to see them all the time but I am happy each time i do.. so nice to sit and hang out with Mak.. hope u guys stay in good health always.. ty for having us and hope to see u again soon!
250 Philadelphia cream cheese (Kraft brand)
1 tbsp ovalette
1 can (about 400 grams) sweetened condensed milk
300g Hong Kong floor
250g Blueberry pie filling
1 tsp blueberries essence (optional)
a few drops of purple coloring (I will use wilton or powder colouring next time)
Preheat oven 180C.. greased 8x8 baking pan
1. Beat butter, cream cheese and ovalette well.
2. Add sugar a little at a time and continue to beat until fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and continue to beat until fluffy and smooth.
4. Next, slow speed mixer and add your condense milk.
5. Lower speed and add flour and Horlicks. Mix well.
6. Divide into two parts. One is left plain and the other one add blueberry pie filling, blueberry essence and the color purple. (i ended up having a lot more of bluberry portion than the white one eventho i weigh my batter.. the blueberry pie fillings added to the weight of my batter)
7. Bake first and second layer with plain batter using upper fire (108g each layer).. bake third and forth layer with blueberry batter.. repeat the same step till the end. Bake last layer using upper and lower fire for a further 10mins.
You know what.. eventho right now I am having gastric flu.. I am still thinking abt todays cake.. grrrrrr!!!!