A refreshing simple desert... not that simple to prepare since it has a few steps... love the taste... love everything abt this jelly heart... love the sour sensation mixed with the delicate texture of it... one thing for sure... someone will be so proud of me today cos I previously didnt hv the courage to gv this recipe a try since it rcvd lots of not so good reviews on how to prepare it... jelly didnt set properly.. slipping off when u slice it.. cheese mixture didnt set.. strawberry floats up.. etc etc etc... reviews like that can be a put off sometimes... Anyway tks to Yat for encouraging me to try out this recipe.. we all love it... its worth a try and honestly this jelly heart is a looker too hehehe
Ingredients for Biscuit base:
300 gm. Digestive Biscuits
140 gm. Melted Butter
Ingredients for fillings:
1 block of Philidelphia Cream Cheese (227g or 250g.. didnt matter)
10 gm. Gelatine Powder
50 gm. Sugar
1/2 cup Hot Water
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
About 20 Strawberries - use a heart cutter to cut into heart shape (I cant be bothered heheh.. just slice em')
1 box of Strawberry or Raspberry flavoured Jello (I used Raspberry)
1 1/2 cups boiling hot water
1 1/2 cups cold.
(1) For biscuit base: Blend biscuits until fine and then mix with melted butter and mix thoroughly.
(2) Press into a 10" Square tray. Chill in the fridge to let it harden. (Lay a greaseproof paper or clingwrap into the tray (no loose bottom pls) with excess paper overhanging at the edge so that it will ease ur job of removing fm the tin)
(3) For fillings, stir gelatine powder with boiling hot water until it dissolves.
(4) Cream cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence till creamy, add in gelatine mixture gradually and cream until smooth. Pour on top of chilled biscuits.
(5) Arrange cut-out heart shaped strawberries on top of cheese fillings. Put into the fridge to let it set.
(6) For topping, dissolve Jello in boiling water then pour in cold water and stir well. Let it completely cool.
(7) Pour over the set cream cheese filling slowly and gradually and put into the fridge again to let it set until firm.
(8) Slice and enjoy peeps!
If u need more infor and reviews on how to prepare this jelly heart.. head over to here and here
Source: Aunty Yo and Yat