Abok abok is my all time favourite since I was a kid.. my grandmama used to make this whenever we hv kenduri... well that was long time ago.. now being over 80yrs old.. she no longer does that.. "retirement mode" hehhe... I love it especially if it has lots of gula melaka in-between... yummyyyy
250g pearl sago
220g grated coconut
1/2 tsp salt
180 - 200g palm (finely grated)
banana leaves - 16x28cm - soften
1. Wash and soak sago in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain for half an hour
2. Sprinkle salt over grated coconut, mix evenly.
3. Mix sago to coconut mixture
4. Scoop 1 tbsp of sago mixture into a cone of banana leave. Sprinkle a little palm sugar on top and cover 2 tbsp of sago mixture.
5. Wrap the banana leave and seal it with toothpick
6. Steam for 15-20 minutes or till cooked
Source: Bro Rozzan
Oh guess what... I baked the same moist butter cake again... ey ey the last time i baked it, i only ate a slice!! hahahha...
For some reason i hv this craving last night and since i usually will gv away what i bake.. i ended up thinking abt it especially if its a moist buttery one... halloooo what does that tell u abt this recipe?? blooddyyyy niceeeeee!! ( divide batter into two portion and add 1tsp of chocolate paste to one portion and u get a chocolate marble butter cake)
Have a good weekend peeps!!