WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY.. THE MICE GOT BORED
My super dupper husband is away
for work for a week.
One loooooooong week,
might I add.
Especially having to handle
everything on my own.
the days are long.
It's only been a day since he's been gone,
and we managed so far.
I haven't gone insane yet.
I'm sure come this weekend,
I will need some
SERIOUS RETAIL THERAPY.
here are some photos
of what I baked today..
Wati came by with Marissa and
promised that she will let Marissa come by
more often to play with Sonia
while hubby is in Germany..
Sigh... please make the days go fast
Cos I hate being alone :o(
Soooooo ok what can I say abt this cake except its simple to prepare.. kids love it cos it uses kaya as filling and its one of those cake that can never go wrong even when u are not in the mood to bake..blaaahhhhh
100 gm. unsalted butter
125 gm. plain flour
120 gm. coconut milk (santan)
1 egg - lightly beaten
200 gm. egg yolks (about 10 eggs)
300 gm. egg white
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
150 gm. fine sugar
1 tsp. pandan paste
a drop of apple green colouring
(1) Melt butter then stir into plain flour till smooth.
(2) Warm up santan (coconut milk) and mix with egg and egg yolks. Then stir into the above mixture.
(3) Whisk egg white with salt and cream of tartar till frothy. Add in sugar and continue whisking till fluffy.
(4) Fold egg white into the egg yolks mixture and mix thoroughly. Divide mixture into 2 portions. Add pandan paste and green colouring into one portion and leave the other plain.
(5) Pour into 9" square tin and bake at 175C for about 30 mins. or till cooked. Leave cakes to cool completely on wire rack.
(6) Sandwich both cakes with kaya. Slice and serve.
Source: Aunty Yochana