Its a long weekend here in Singapore... May Day aka Labour Day... everyone is on hols and yep yep my super duper family is at home too.. meaning they are gonna be going in and out of my kitchen all the time looking for something to munch hehehe... baked potato bread this morning for breakfast... everyone loves the texture and the softness of this bread... Hairi kept on asking me... "where's the potato mama, cant taste any?" lol... recipe by Onigiri of my resepi.
300gm bread flour
2 tsp instant yeast
3/4 tbs milk powder
50 - 70gm castor sugar
60gm potato (boil and mashed)
1/2 egg (use another 1/2 to apply on bread)
135ml cold water
1/2tsp bread softener (optional)
1/2tsp bread improver (optional)
1. Add dry ingredients into stand mixer and mix on low speed. Add in egg and mashed potato. Mix well.. Add cold water bit by bit and continue beating for abt 20mins or so on medium speed.
2. Add in butter and beat for another 10 mins till dough turn elastic.
3.Let dough rest for an hour or till it double in size.
4. Punch down dough to let air out
5. Divide dough into 16 round balls and arrange on a greased 7" x 7" pan. Let it rest for another 45min.
6. Apply egg mixture on dough and pipe custard mixture on it (u can pipe like how i did, cross bun style.. or any other pattern as u wish)
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20mins
If ur using breadmaker... add ingredients according to manufacture recommendation and press ON. Continue fm step 4. My dough is a little sticky.. flour ur hand to shape dough into 16 round balls...
1 tbs flour
1 tbs custard flour or corn flour
4 tbs castor sugar
1 cup milk
1 grade A egg or 2 grade B eggs
a pinch of salt
1. Add in all of the abv ingredients EXCEPT butter in a heatproof bowl.. mix well making sure there is no lumps or what so ever... u can strain ur mixture if u want.
2. Double boil custard mixture and stir it till mixture turn thick and shiny.
3. Once thicken turn off fire and add in butter. Stir and let it cool. Pour mixture in pipping bag.